The NEW Legends Indoor Hitting League!
The Legends are excited to invite you to compete in our brand new Indoor Hitting League! Powered by HitTrax, the world’s first and only baseball simulator, players of all ages will get a chance to work on their hitting skills and compete with their friends in a fun and safe environment! Your child will get over 100 at bats, which is more than they will get in an entire season!
Beginning January 30th (and steering clear of Presidents’ Day) Season 2 will consists of six teams of three players per team and last six weeks. Every game night each team plays two, 30-minute/7 inning double headers and each team plays every other team two times. After the five week regular season, the teams will be seeded and playoffs will take place on the sixth week. Team standings are kept and posted online. Prizes are awarded to individual players as well as the Championship and Runner Up teams!
-2 games per week / 12 game season
-Pick your own teams of 3 or sign up as a “free agent” and we’ll help build your team!
-Compete with and against your friends
-100+ At Bats
-Get “real time” swing feedback with HitTrax
-Week 6 is playoffs!
-Prizes awarded to top hitters, champions & 2nd place!
The Foundry (state of the art indoor baseball training facility)
2575 E Bayshore Rd, Redwood City, CA 94063
Cost: $350/player includes 12 game schedule, playoffs, umpires, ball feeders and batting cage access.
•Rookie Ball: Advanced 9yr. olds, 10 & 11 yr. olds – Thursdays 4:00-6:00pm (Feb 9, 16, Mar 2, 9, 16, 23) skips Presidents’ Week
•A: Advanced 11 yr olds, 12 & 13 yr. olds – Tuesdays 4:00-6:00pm (Feb 7, 14, 28, Mar 7, 14, 21) skips Presidents’ Week
•AA: Advanced 12 yr. olds, 13 & 14 yr. olds – Mondays 6:00-8:00pm (Feb 6, 13, 27, Mar 6,13, 20) skips Presidents’ Week
What is HitTrax? An advanced baseball simulator displays hits in real time! WATCH THE VIDEO!
Is this League suitable for Beginners? This League is designed for intermediate and advanced players. The speed of the games through the HitTrax baseball simulator unfortunately makes it impossible for our coaches to provide extensive swing-tips or coaching to the players. If you are interested in hitting instruction for your child, we offer a variety of Lesson Packages with our top Legends coaches. Please see the Legends website for details.
How to sign up: Register as a “free agent” or find 2 friends who want to work on their hitting this winter and sign up online!
Which age group? Kids compete in accordance with their travel ball age. CLICK HERE to go to the USSSA age calculator.
Want to learn more? Click here to listen to Legends Founder David Klein breakdown the new league!
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 469-286-7344
Rules for The Legends Indoor Hitting League
Games are played virtually utilizing the HitTrax system. The HitTrax gaming module calls balls & strikes, and awards hits or outs depending on the exit velocity and launch angle of the balls off the player’s bat. Baserunners as well as a real-time visualization of the flight of each hit are projected onto the wall, including the system determined result of each at-bat. Players are truly playing a virtual game, live in our batting tunnel. Each week you’ll compete in a different Major League ballpark! Here are the rules of the Legends Indoor Hitting League!
- Each team will consist of 3 players. Pick your own teams, or sign up as a “free agent” and we’ll help build your team!
- All regular season games will be scheduled as a double-header with each team playing 2 games per week.
- Games will be 7 innings or 30 minutes, whichever comes first. Once a new inning has started it will be completed. No new inning will start after 25 minutes of play and there are no extra innings.
- If the game is tied after 7 innings or 30 minutes, the game will end in a tie.
- Home team selects the stadium.
- Bat Restrictions: All metal/composite bats must meet the High School BBCOR standards. All wood (non-composite) bats are permissible.
- Because HitTrax calls Balls and Strikes, misfired balls from the pitching machine will not be replayed. As in a regular game, 3 strikes is an out, 4 balls is a walk.
- There will be an umpire assigned to each game to adjudicate any malfunctions of the HitTrax system.
- Any pitch that does not register ball or strike will be replayed with the current count.
- Any ball that is put in play that does not register will be replayed with the current count.
- Foul balls that hit the back net, or swings and misses that do not register will be added as a strike (unless the foul ball is with 2 strikes).
- If a ball is put in play, and registers with HitTrax as a hit, out, or foul ball, that ruling is final.
- Any other HitTrax issue will be adjudicated at the discretion of the umpire.
- Each team is responsible to collect balls after their half inning ends. Ball collection shall be completed as quickly as possible due to the 30-minute game time limits.
- Helmets must be worn at all times.
- No Bunting allowed.
- There is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for foul language, taunting or throwing bats/helmets. Violations will result in player disqualification. Alcohol is strictly PROHIBITED!
- Teams must have at least TWO players present at game time to play. If two players are not present the game will be forfeit. If two players are present, the game will run as planned. *During playoffs an OUT is registered for every hitter not present.
- At the end of 5 weeks, teams will be seeded. Week 6 will be a single elimination tournament playoff.
Throughout the season, there may be situations that require teams to utilize a replacement player. The following rules must be followed:
- Replacement players must be registered no fewer than 24 hours prior to the game in which they will play due to registration requirements within the HitTrax system.
- There is a $30 non-refundable fee to register a replacement player.
- Each team can only bat 3 per game – there are no substitutions allowed under any circumstances once a game has begun.
- To be eligible for the playoffs, a replacement player must play in at least ½ of the team’s games. No replacement players who do not meet this requirement can play in the playoffs.