Hitting League (Foundry) – Replacement Players
The NEW Legends Indoor Hitting League powered by HitTrax!
The Legends are excited to introduce you to our brand new Indoor Hitting League! Powered by HitTrax, the world’s first and only baseball simulator, players of all ages will get a chance to work on their hitting skills and compete with their friends in a fun and safe environment! The league consists of six teams of three players per team and last six weeks. Every game night each team plays two, 30-minute/7 inning double headers.
From time-to-time we need replacement players — sign-up for individual game nights to replace a team-member who can’t make the game!
WHAT: Play two, 30-min/7-inning games per night, and get “real-time” swing feedback with HitTrax
WHERE: The Foundry, 2575 E Bayshore Rd, Redwood City, CA (state-of-the-art baseball facility)
COST: $30/player per replacement day.
- Rookie Ball: Advanced 9yr. olds, 10 & 11 yr. olds – Thursdays 4:00-6:00pm (Feb 9, 16, Mar 2, 9, 16, 23)
- A: Advanced 11 yr olds, 12 & 13 yr. olds – Tuesdays 4:00-6:00pm (Feb 7, 14, 28, Mar 7, 14, 21)
- AA: Advanced 12 yr. olds, 13 & 14 yr. olds – Mondays 6:00-8:00pm (Feb 6, 13, 27, Mar 6,13, 20)
HOW TO REGISTER: Sign up online by selecting your Age Division, and then the date you’ll be participating as a replacement player — it’s that easy! In your Player Information Form, please indicate the name of the player you’ll be replacing.
QUESTIONS? Contact Brian at email@example.com or call 469-286-7344
Rules for The Legends Indoor Hitting League
Games are played virtually utilizing the HitTrax system. The HitTrax gaming module calls balls & strikes, and awards hits or outs depending on the exit velocity and launch angle of the balls off the player’s bat. Baserunners as well as a real-time visualization of the flight of each hit are projected onto the wall, including the system determined result of each at-bat. Players are truly playing a virtual game, live in our batting tunnel. Each week you’ll compete in a different Major League ballpark! Here are the rules of the Legends Indoor Hitting League!
- Each team will consist of 3 players. Pick your own teams, or sign up as a “free agent” and we’ll help build your team!
- All regular season games will be scheduled as a double-header with each team playing 2 games per week.
- Games will be 7 innings or 30 minutes, whichever comes first. Once a new inning has started it will be completed. No new inning will start after 25 minutes of play and there are no extra innings.
- If the game is tied after 7 innings or 30 minutes, the game will end in a tie.
- Home team selects the stadium.
- Bat Restrictions: All metal/composite bats must meet the High School BBCOR standards. All wood (non-composite) bats are permissible.
- Because HitTrax calls Balls and Strikes, misfired balls from the pitching machine will not be replayed. As in a regular game, 3 strikes is an out, 4 balls is a walk.
- There will be an umpire assigned to each game to adjudicate any malfunctions of the HitTrax system.
- Any pitch that does not register ball or strike will be replayed with the current count.
- Any ball that is put in play that does not register will be replayed with the current count.
- Foul balls that hit the back net, or swings and misses that do not register will be added as a strike (unless the foul ball is with 2 strikes).
- If a ball is put in play, and registers with HitTrax as a hit, out, or foul ball, that ruling is final.
- Any other HitTrax issue will be adjudicated at the discretion of the umpire.
- Each team is responsible to collect balls after their half inning ends. Ball collection shall be completed as quickly as possible due to the 30-minute game time limits.
- Helmets must be worn at all times.
- No Bunting allowed.
- There is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for foul language, taunting or throwing bats/helmets. Violations will result in player disqualification. Alcohol is strictly PROHIBITED!
- Teams must have at least TWO players present at game time to play. If two players are not present the game will be forfeit. If two players are present, the game will run as planned. *During playoffs an OUT is registered for every hitter not present.
- At the end of 5 weeks, teams will be seeded. Week 6 will be a single elimination tournament playoff.