San Francisco Hitting League
The NEW Legends Indoor Hitting League!
The San Francisco Baseball Academy is partnering with Legends Baseball to offer a brand new Indoor Hitting League! Powered by HitTrax, the world’s first and only baseball simulator, the Legends Indoor Hitting League is an exciting opportunity for ball players of all ages to practice hitting and compete with their friends in a fun and safe environment. There is no better way to get ready for the season than by receiving real-time swing feedback and over 150 at bats!
Beginning in early February and steering clear of Presidents’ Week, every team plays two, 30-minute/7 inning double headers per night. Each team has three players per team, and you can either sign up with your friends, or as a “free agent”! After the five week regular season, the teams will be seeded and playoffs will take place on the sixth week. Team standings are kept and posted online. Player statistics and team standings are managed and posted online. Prizes are awarded to individual players as well as the Championship and Runner Up teams!
- 2 games per week / 12 game season
- Choose your own team of 3 or sign up as a “free agent” and we’ll build your team!
- Compete with and against your friends
- 150+ At Bats
- Get “real time” swing feedback with HitTrax
- Week 6 is playoffs!
- Prizes awarded to top hitters, champions & 2nd place!
San Francisco Baseball Academy
3010 Geary Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94118
The A and AA Divisions will play Feb 13, 27, March 6, 13, 20, 27
- A: Advanced 9 yr. olds, 10 & 11 yr. olds – Mondays 5:30-7:00pm
- AA: Advanced 11 yr. olds, 12 & 13 yr. olds – Mondays 7:00-8:30pm
(Which age group? Kids compete in accordance with their travel ball age. CLICK HERE to go to the USSSA age calculator. )
Cost: $325/player includes 12 game schedule, playoffs, umpires, ball feeders and batting cage access.
Is this League suitable for Beginners? This League is designed for intermediate and advanced players. The speed with which games progress through the HitTrax baseball simulator unfortunately makes it impossible for our coaches to provide extensive swing-tips or coaching to the players. If you are interested in batting practice and instruction for your player, please contact the San Francisco Baseball Academy for information.
Questions or Need More Info? Email Brian at email@example.com or call 469-286-7344
Sign Up Now! CLICK HERE to register
CLICK HERE to watch the Legends Founder explain the Indoor Hitting League at their first location on the Peninsula.
What is HitTrax? An advanced baseball simulator that displays hits in real time!
Rules for The Legends Indoor Hitting League
Games are played virtually utilizing the HitTrax system. The HitTrax gaming module calls balls & strikes, and awards hits or outs depending on the exit velocity and launch angle of the balls off the player’s bat. Baserunners as well as a real-time visualization of the flight of each hit are projected onto the wall, including the system determined result of each at-bat. Players are truly playing a virtual game, live in our batting tunnel. Each week you’ll compete in a different Major League ballpark! Here are the rules of the Legends Indoor Hitting League!
- Each team will consist of 3 players. Pick your own teams or sign up as a “free agent” and we’ll build your team!
- All regular season games will be scheduled as a double-header with each team playing 2 games per week.
- Teams can compete with 2 players if 1 teammate is missing. They can also add a replacement player who can signup online. (You are permitted to have 4/team if you would like as well)
- Games will be 7 innings or 30 minutes, whichever comes first. Once a new inning has started it will be completed. No new inning will start after 25 minutes of play and there are no extra innings.
- If the game is tied after 7 innings or 30 minutes, the game will end in a tie.
- Home team selects the stadium.
- Bat Restrictions: All metal/composite bats must meet the High School BBCOR standards. All wood (non-composite) bats are permissible.
- Because HitTrax calls Balls and Strikes, misfired balls from the pitching machine will not be replayed. As in a regular game, 3 strikes is an out, 4 balls is a walk.
- There will be an umpire assigned to each game to adjudicate any malfunctions of the HitTrax system.
- Any pitch that does not register ball or strike will be replayed with the current count.
- Any ball that is put in play that does not register will be replayed with the current count.
- Foul balls that hit the back net, or swings and misses that do not register will be added as a strike (unless the foul ball is with 2 strikes).
- If a ball is put in play, and registers with HitTrax as a hit, out, or foul ball, that ruling is final.
- Any other HitTrax issue will be adjudicated at the discretion of the umpire.
- Each team is responsible to collect balls after their half inning ends. Ball collection shall be completed as quickly as possible due to the 30-minute game time limits.
- Helmets must be worn at all times.
- No Bunting allowed.
- There is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for foul language, taunting or throwing bats/helmets. Violations will result in player disqualification. Alcohol is strictly PROHIBITED!
- Teams must have at least TWO players present at game time to play. If two players are not present the game will be forfeit. If two players are present, the game will run as planned. *During playoffs, an OUT is registered for every hitter not present.
- At the end of 5 weeks, teams will be seeded. Week 6 will be a single elimination tournament playoff.
Throughout the season, there may be situations that require teams to utilize a replacement player. The following rules must be followed:
- Replacement players must be registered no fewer than 24 hours prior to the game in which they will play due to registration requirements within the HitTrax system.
- There is a $30 non-refundable fee to register a replacement player.
- Each team can only bat 3 players per game – there are no substitutions allowed under any circumstances once a game has begun.
- To be eligible for the playoffs, a replacement player must play in at least ½ of the team’s games. No replacement players that do not meet this requirement can play in the playoffs.
Q: How are the balls being pitched? Off a machine or off a live batting practice thrower?
A: The league starts with pitches coming from a hand fed pitching machine. As the league moves on and the players improve we will set the machine up to throw curveballs and may even bring in live batting practice pitchers who will throw fastballs, curveballs and changeups!
Q: How hard will the pitching machine be set to?
A: The pitching machine will be set to the average speed of a fastball for that age group. Later in the season we may adjust the speed to be slightly faster as the boys collectively improve their hitting skills.
Q: Is this League for players of all levels?
A: The Legends Indoor Hitting League is designed for intermediate and advanced players. The speed with which games progress through the HitTrax baseball simulator unfortunately makes it impossible for our coaches to provide extensive swing-tips or coaching to the players. If you are interested in batting practice and instruction for your player, please contact the San Francisco Baseball Academy for information.
Q: Can I sign up alone and without friends?
A: Yes, you certainly can! Just enter that info into the registration system.
Q: When is the deadline to sign up?
A: The league will close once it is full. The league is almost halfway full so we recommend you sign up soon!
Q: If my child signed up alone, when will we find out who my child’s teammates are?
A: We will announce the teams as soon as they league is full but at latest the week before the hitting league begins. We will share your teammates contact information so you can connect and potentially carpool.
Q: What if I miss a week or if a teammate misses a week?
A: If you or a teammate is missing a week, you may bring a replacement player. The replacement player must sign up online and there is a $30 fee. Unfortunately, we are unable to prorate for missing weeks.
Q: Where do I sign up?
A: CLICK HERE!